Are you looking to energize your teams, reduce costs and increase performance? Has crunch, missed schedules and budgets become harder to avoid? Scrum and agile practices have helped many studios improve product development and the workplace environment.
Learn to establish and improve Scrum in your studio by becoming a ScrumMaster in the only workshop that focuses on game development from the Certified Scrum Trainer with 15 years of game development experience.
This two-day course provides the fundamental principles of Scrum through hands-on experience and interactive project simulation. During the course, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organization.
Attendees learn to apply practical, project-proven practices that have worked for numerous video game projects
- The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
- How to build a product backlog and plan releases
- How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
- How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
- How to help producers, artists, designers and programmers work together effectively
- How to work with publishers and others outside the team who may not be familiar with Scrum
- Tips and tricks from an instructor with 15 years of game development experience and 5 years of experience applying Scrum to game development
Participants who successfully complete the course, will become Certified ScrumMasters through the Scrum Alliance and receive a two-year membership in the organization where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available.
Pricing and Availability
The Certified Scrum Master for Game Development Course is being held just after the Montreal Game Summit on November 18th-19th. The course has limited seating and is available for $1600 by visiting http://sijm.ca/2009/?page_id=1445
Discounts are available for members of the Alliance Numerique or groups of four or more.
More details for the course material can be found at http://www.clintonkeith.com/OnsiteFiles/Brochures/CSM4VG_Brochure.pdf