- Where and when is the workshop?
Monday (3/23) and Tuesday (3/24). It's located at the International Hotel (across the street from Moscone). It runs from 8:30 AM to 5 PM each day.
- Is there still room in the workshop?
Yes. It's about half full.
- What does the workshop cost?
$1500 per attendee. There is a 10% discount when you send three or more.
- Is there an agenda?
Yes, you can see the outline here. A more detailed agenda will be sent out prior to the class in email.
- Is this for people who have never used Scrum or those who have Scrum experience?
The class typically has both. I suggest to attendees new to Scrum to read up on Scrum before the class, but that is not a strict requirement. There is a lot of information to absorb over two days and it's more valuable to focus on the principles of Scrum rather than just the basic definitions. I do cover the basics though.
- How is this workshop different from the other Certified Scrum Master courses?
This is the only course with material and exercises specifically aimed at video game development. You'll learn the same principles of Scrum but you'll benefit from half a decade of practical application to our industry.
- How much of the workshop is instruction and how much hands on exercise?
Almost 50/50. Hands on team work once an hour is very effective in learning these practices.
- What does the "certified" part mean?
It means you'll be certified/recognized as a Scrum Master by the Scrum Alliance. Following the course you will receive a certificate and a one year membership in the Alliance.
Monday, February 16, 2009
ScrumMaster Certification FAQ
People have been sending questions about the Certified Scrum Master for Video Game workshop. Below are some common Q&A: